Wednesday 15 April 2020

10 Hours of Coding Pt.1

The Beginning of Coding in 2020

   To start. I chose option 3 with the HTML5 basics. It looked interesting and I wanted to freshen my knowledge about HTML before jumping to new larger versions of coding.
HTML Stage-1 Section 1 < Link (Hard to see)

What I did this HOUR

   I started by Logging in... (bla bla) and getting to the coding practice of "Basic Cityscape". After clicking "Get Started", I was right into it, beginning with the overview and reading what was to be expected for this lesson. Then I was shown the experimental coding lesson where I could remember and get used to the layout again, and scrolling down further I was shown my first challenge. I just went down the list from there completing various lessons until I got to the one hour mark and stopped to post about it.

What specific things I learnt

   I came to remember other unrelated code but the new lines that almost instantly stuck in my mind were the following.
   context.fillStyle = 'color';
   context.fillRect (x, y, Width, Height)
   
(Possible Problem Solved) I came across a problem with the height as in challenge 4 the height is always facing down going along the y axis, when you have the ground being your new 0,0 point you will need to make the HEIGHT number a negative number so that the building no longer goes into the ground, rather goes above the ground to creating the structure. (This was a simple problem, seeing the pattern I quickly solved it).

What to do the next HOUR

   I will most likely be continuing the lessons left in this "Basic Cityscape" lesson, and I may even complete it sooner and move on to the next Lesson.

Images of Progress of the first HOUR

The Practices in Between 




Completed Challenges




No comments:

Post a Comment